If you have ever experienced a fire in your home or business you know that putting the fire out is only the beginning of the recovery process. After the fire department leaves, your property will be drenched with water from the fire fighting efforts and the smell of smoke will be evident in just about all of your property contents and spaces. With proper remediation steps, it is possible to recover your home and get rid of any lingering smoke odor.
Clay Buerger, Project Supervisor, and Helpers’ fire remediation specialist, put together a list of the top five things our remediation company will do to help restore your property to its former condition and make sure the evidence of smoke related smells are removed.
Five Important Smoke Odor Fixes
1. Charred and/or smoke damaged, porous materials will be removed, including any charred building or structural materials. These will be replaced in the reconstruction process. Heavily damaged and charred materials will continue to off-gas for extended periods, expelling odor and as a result can keep the smokey smell around.
2. Ducting, HVAC, and furnaces are professionally cleaned as smoke can easily enter these hidden areas. Fire pressurizes the property interior, forcing microscopic smoke particles into ducting and furnaces that will continue to recontaminate the home with smoke odor if not properly cleaned.
3. The entire property is HEPA vacuumed. HEPA filtration equipped vacuums will lift and capture the microscopic smoke particles that can coat every surface within your home or business following a fire. These particles must be physically removed and HEPA vacuuming is an effective way to accomplish that.
4. All smoke and fire damaged, fibrous, structural materials will be encapsulated. Materials continue to release odors for long periods of time. Sealing the structure with a specialized shellac product contains odors.
5. The entire space will be treated with thermal fogging. This helps to further eliminate odor. This process involves thermal fogging with both a Masking and Pairing agent. These environmentally safe chemicals, fill the smallest spaces found in building materials. The pairing agent, will chemically alter the odor molecules. The masking agent adds a desired odor to the home, helping overcome the smell many fire loss victims are challenged with.
Trust Our Experience
Helpers’ has experience with successful smoke and fire remediation. Our team is always sensitive to your unique situation and the impact that such as event can have on you and your family. We work with you to make sure the process is as easy and efficient as possible, supporting you from start to finish and navigating the complicated insurance claim process. If you have any questions about Helpers Fire Remediation services, please contact Clay at firstname.lastname@example.org.