Sewage back-ups are common causes of home and business property damage. Sewage is contaminated water that contains bacteria including E-coli and other toxic substances. It can cause illness or spread disease if it enters your living or work space and is not properly cleaned.
Here are 5 prevention tips:
1. Avoid flushing objects down the toilet that can clog your pipes.
2. Remove trees near septic and sewer lines to prevent pipe blockage or damage from invasive tree roots.
3. Have a sump pump installed in your basement to handle flooding.
4. Have back flow prevention devices installed.
5. Have your sewer lines cleaned if they are prone to blockage.