When moisture is present, mold can grow in as little as 24-48 hours. Poor ventilation, water leaks, and high humidity can all contribute to mold growth.
Here are 5 tips to prevent mold in your home:
1. Inspect the grading around your home foundation to make sure it allows water to run away from the home and not pool around it.
2. Make sure attic and crawl spaces are properly ventilated. Poor ventilation in these areas either from blocked or closed vents is a common culprit in mold growth.
3. If water or condensation builds up around windows, clean up the water immediately.
4. Keep indoor humidity between 30-50%. Use bathroom vent fans when you shower.
5. Insulate pipes to prevent freezing and leaks.